Administrative and Public LawArbitrationChanceryCommercial LawCompany and InsolvencyCompetition LawCriminal LawDefamationEmploymentFamily LawIntellectual PropertyLand and Property LawProbate and AdministrationRegulatory and DisciplinaryTax LawTort and Personal Injuries
Albert accepts instructions for both advocacy and advisory work and has been instructed on matters covering a wide range of areas of law. His practice covers general civil, land, building management, company, probate, contract, tort, commercial, construction, bankruptcy, personal injuries, judicial review and election petition.
Outside of his practice, Albert is a contributing author for Lexis Advance Hong Kong Practical Guidance, serves as a member of the Standing Committee on Legal Aid Reform of the Hong Kong Bar Association and a participating lawyer in the Duty Lawyer Service Free Legal Advice Scheme.
Before he joined the bar, Albert obtained a Master of Law (LLM) at University of Cambridge and Bachelor of Laws (LLB) at City University of Hong Kong with First Class Honours. He was awarded several scholarships and prizes for his academic excellence.
- Master of Law (Commercial Law), University of Cambridge (2015)
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours (First Class Honours), City University of Hong Kong (2014)
- Dean’s List with Distinction (2016)
- HKSAR Government Scholarship (2014)
- Mayer Brown JSM Prize for Overall Excellence (2013)
- Dean’s List (2011-2014)
- CityU Entrance Scholarship for JUPAS Applicants (2010)
- Mr Chan Tai Ho Scholarship (2010)
- Lecturer (Non-Clinical), Department of Law, University of Hong Kong (2018 – 2020)
- Member, Standing Committee on Legal Aid Reform, Hong Kong Bar Association (2019 – present)
Contributing Author/Contributor, Lexis Advance Hong Kong Practical Guidance: Company and Corporate, Wills and Probate, Taxation
Seminar on “How to apply for judicial review”, Professional Development Resources Centre
BUILDING / CONSTRUCTION
– Sun Cheong Construction Co Ltd v IO of King Fu, Ho Fu, Ki Fu & Ka Fu Buildings  HKCFI 2076 (with Mr Tim Kwok and Mr Andrew Lau): acted for the contractor to claim for the outstanding contract sum and defend against the IO’s counterclaim for alleged defects
– IO of Tung Lok Building v Wong Chi Kong, LDBM 72/2018 (as sole advocate): acted for an IO to apply for mandatory injunction to remove illegal structure and claim for compensation
Acting as a sole advocate in disputes relating to convertible notes of a listed company worth over US$300m
– HCMP 916/2018 (with Mr Jeffrey Li): successfully obtained a quia timet injunction to restrain winding up petition
– HCCW 98/2018 (as sole advocate): successfully obtained leave to serve out a winding petition to a BVI company
– Lo King Yeung v Eddie Chu, CACV 192/2017, 23 November 2017 (as sole advocate): successfully dismissed an appeal in the Court of Appeal;  HKCA 137 (with Mr Jeffrey Tam): successfully resisted application for leave to appeal to the Court of Final Appeal
– Ho Yin Fai v Wu Chi Kin, HCAL 28/2016, 4 October 2017 (with Mr Jeffrey Tam): successfully defended against an election petition
– Lui Chi Hang Hendrick v Independent Police Complaints Council  1 HKLRD 533,  HKCFI 3120 (with Mr Jeffrey Tam);  2 HKLRD 911,  HKCFI 614 (led by Mr Paul Harris SC and with Mr Jeffrey Tam): whether IPCC’s fact finding study ultra vires. The substantive hearing of the application was conducted through video conferencing facilities.
– Wong Chi Fung v Registrar of Companies, HCAL 657/2018 (with Mr Jeffrey Tam): successfully obtained leave for judicial review on papers on whether the Registrar’s decision not to allow registration of Demosisto Ltd constitutional or lawful