Allison obtained First Class Honours in her LL.B. at the University of Hong Kong. After completing her P.C.LL. at the University of Hong Kong, she further obtained an LL.M. at the University of Cambridge. She joined Denis Chang’s Chambers in 2018 upon completion of her pupillage with Mr Hectar Pun SC, Mr Derek Chan SC, Ms Catherine Wong, Mr Vincent Lung, Mr Earl Deng.
In her legal studies, Allison received various awards and scholarships, and was a member of the winning team in the HSF-KCL Competition Law Moot 2016, where her team captured Overall Champion and Best Written Memorandum.
Allison is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin. She is comfortable to make written and oral submissions in both English and Chinese.
In addition, Allison is a part-time lecturer at the University of Hong Kong and the coach for the University of Hong Kong team in the HSF-KCL Competition Law Moot 2019.
- LL.M., University of Cambridge (2017)
- P.C.LL, University of Hong Kong (2016)
- LL.B. (First Class Honours), University of Hong Kong (2015)
- Overall Champion and Best Written Memorandum, HSF-KCL Competition Law Moot (2016)
- Evergreen Scholarships for Student Enrichment (2014)
- Reed Smith Richards Butler Scholarships (2013)
- Dean’s Honours List (2012, 2013)
- Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong (2018 – present)
- Coach, KCL-HSF Competition Law Moot, University of Hong Kong (2018 – 2019)
- Committee Member, Committee on Civic Education, Hong Kong Bar Association (2018 – 2019)
- Annotated Ordinance on Protection of Endangered Species of Animals and Plants Ordinance (Cap. 586) (LexisNexis Butterworths) (forthcoming) (co-authored with Isabel Tam)
- Annotated Ordinance on Public Health and Municipal Services Ordinance (Cap. 132) (LexisNexis Butterworths) (forthcoming) (co-authored with Hectar Pun SC and Isabel Tam)
Administrative and Public Law
Advised private parties on the merits of intended judicial review applications on subject matters such as grant and revocation of licences by Government departments, appointments of staff in the public sector and non-refoulement claims.
Convoy Global Holdings Limited & Ors v Cho Kwai Chee Roy & Ors (HCA 2922/2017) (on-going) (with Catherine K.K. Wong)
Representing one of the Defendants against claims involving alleged breach of directors’ duties, fraudulent misrepresentation, dishonest assistance and conspiracy to injure
Competition Commission v W. Hing Construction Company Limited & Ors CTEA 2/2017 (led by Hectar Pun SC and with Mr Anson Wong Yu Yat)
Represented one of the Respondents in relation to the alleged contravention of the First Conduct Rule
Competition Commission v Kam Kwong Engineering Company Limited CTEA 1/2018 (on-going) (led by Hectar Pun SC)
Representing two of the Respondents in relation to the alleged contravention of the First Conduct Rule
Advised undertakings on whether their conduct would amount to an infringement of the First Conduct Rule
Re A and B HCMP 1571/2018 (judgment pending) (led by Hectar Pun SC and with Tara Liao)
Represented the commissioning parents to a surrogacy agreement to make an application for a parental order under section 12 of the Parent and Child Ordinance (Cap. 429)
Administrative and Public LawChanceryCommercial LawCompany and InsolvencyCompetition LawCriminal LawFamily LawIntellectual PropertyLand and Property LawProbate and AdministrationRegulatory and DisciplinaryTort and Personal Injuries