Hong Kong Arbitration Webinar 香港仲裁讲座
Denis Chang’s Chambers即将举办关于英国及香港争议解决的系列线上讲座。
首期讲座将于2023年8月11日 (星期五) 下午4:00至5:30在ZOOM举行，讲者为Denis Chang’s Chambers的廖敏皓大律师，以及来自中伦律师事务所伦敦办公室的王海叶律师。讲座将会以普通话进行。
如有任何查询，请联系Denis Chang’s Chambers的业务发展助理Lynci Yuan，邮箱为 [email protected].
We are excited to announce a forthcoming series of webinars that will focus on UK & Hong Kong dispute resolution.
The first session will be held on August 11, 2023 (Friday) from 4:00 to 5:30 pm via Zoom. The speakers will be Ms. Tara Liao, a barrister from Denis Chang’s Chambers, and Ms. Karen Wang, a lawyer from the London office of Zhong Lun Law Firm. The lecture will be conducted in Mandarin.
The topic will cover the following:
• An overview of litigation and arbitration in the UK & Hong Kong
• Case study & practical tips of asset preservation (including injunctions) in the UK & Hong Kong
We welcome you to join this exciting discussion！
|Register for Zoom Webinar
About the second & third sessions:
The processes and practices involved in applying for enforcement or suspension of arbitration awards in the UK and Hong Kong; injunctions related to arbitration, as well as recognition and enforcement of Mainland court judgments and procedures.
Details regarding the schedule and registration will be announced later. Please stay tuned for updates.
For inquiries, please reach out to Lynci Yuan, Practice Development Assistant Manager, at [email protected]
廖敏皓 Tara Liao
Denis Chang’s Chambers
Tara was recognised by Legal 500 as a leading junior in commercial dispute resolution in 2021, 2022 and 2023. She appears regularly in the Court of Appeal, the High Court and in arbitrations with a focus on commercial injunctions, arbitrations, company, insolvency, civil fraud, trust and cross-border disputes. She sat as a Deputy District Judge in 2021 and 2023.
Tara has a keen interest in arbitration and was a committee member of HK45, an active young arbitration practitioners group in Asia formed under the auspice of HKIAC.
Prior to joining the Bar in 2015, she was a solicitor in an international law firm specialising in commercial litigation and regulatory matters. She holds a bachelor degree in PRC laws from Peking University and has passed the PRC National Judicial Examination.
Visit Tara’s profile for more details.
王海叶 Karen Wang
中伦律师事务所伦敦办公室 Zhong Lun Law Firm (London)
– 就一项索赔价值超过120万英镑的法定索偿要求向一家商业地产业主提供咨询服务，并就无损和（without prejudice）解谈判提供咨询服务。
Company & business law, intellectual property, bankruptcy & insolvency, insurance, banking & finance, commercial real estate, international trade, white collar crime as well as tortious and criminal cases.
– Representing the borrower in an LCIA arbitration brought by the five largest Chinese banks arising from a syndicate facility agreement with a loan amount of £188 million.
– Represented an international corporation in an ICC arbitration under a series of Development Agreements of a major real estate development project in London with a claim value in excess of £33 million.
– Advised a shipping company in an LCIA arbitration arising from an international shipping contract with EUR 2.2 million in dispute, defended an anti-suit injunction application and made relief from sanction application in the High Court.
– Represented the borrower and successfully defended a winding up petition brought by the Chinese banks arising from the syndicate loan agreement.
– Advising a Chinese manufacturer in a debt recovery claim to be followed by a statutory demand and initiating the winding up proceedings.
– Advising a commercial property landlord in response to a statutory demand with a claim value in excess of £1.2 million and advising on without prejudice settlement negotiations.
– Represented 21 project companies in a winding up petition arising from a £1.7 billion real estate development project.
– Acted for an HNWI in defending the enforcement of SHIAC arbitration award, Freezing Injunction and disclosure order in High Court and defended the subsequent interim charging order.
– Acted for an HNWI acting through a Litigation Friend in defending the enforcement of two Chinese judgements with judgement debts of over £ 20 million and Freezing Injunction.
– Advised an HNWI in an unfair prejudice petition and derivative claim with a potential recovery value in the region of £ 2 million.
Visit Karen’s profile for more details.
免责声明：此講座只提供有关在香港执行仲裁裁决的一般信息，并不构成法律建议。 注册参加講座仅构成参加该活动的协议，而不是給予律师的指示。 除非另有说明，在講座中表达的观点仅为讲者的观点，并不代表 Denis Chang’s Chambers的观点。
Disclaimer: Seminars, webinars, training presentations or workshops (“Events”) and related materials produced by Members of Denis Chang’s Chambers (“DCC“) provide general information regarding particular subjects and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Registering for an event only constitutes an agreement to attend it, not instructions to Counsel. Except as otherwise noted, the views expressed at Events are the views of the speakers only and do not represent the opinions of all other Members of DCC.