Albert obtained a Master of Law (LLM) at University of Cambridge and Bachelor of Laws (LLB) at City University of Hong Kong with First Class Honours. He was awarded several scholarships and prizes for his academic excellence.
After completion of pupillage with Mr Philip Dykes SC, Mr Edwin Choy SC, Mr Valentine Yim, Mr Philips Wong and Mr Jeffrey Tam, Albert commenced practice and is developing a wide practice with particular emphasis on civil and public law practice.
As to his civil practice, he has experience in land, company, probate, contract, tort, commercial, construction, bankruptcy and personal injuries matters.
As to his public law practice, Albert successfully obtained leave for judicial review on papers, and successfully defended against an election petition of alleged treating and publishing election advertisement that includes false claim of support.
Outside of his practice, Albert is a part-time lecturer at the Department of Law of the University of Hong Kong.
Albert also serves as a member of the Standing Committee on Legal Aid Reform of the Hong Kong Bar Association.
- LLM, University of Cambridge (2015)
- LLB, City University of Hong Kong (2014)
- Dean’s List with Distinction (2016)
- HKSAR Government Scholarship (2014)
- Mayer Brown JSM Prize for Overall Excellence (2013)
- Dean’s List (2011-2014)
- CityU Entrance Scholarship for JUPAS Applicants (2010)
- Mr Chan Tai Ho Scholarship (2010)
- Part Time Lecturer, Department of Law, University of Hong Kong (2018 – present)
- Member, Standing Committee on Legal Aid Reform, Hong Kong Bar Association (2019 – present)
Seminar on “How to apply for judicial review”, Professional Development Resources Centre
- Lui Chi Hang Hendrick v Independent Police Complaints Council  HKCFI 3120 (with Mr Jeffrey Tam): successfully obtained leave to challenge the legality of the Independent Police Complaints Council’s decision to proactively conduct a fact-finding study on the public order events since June 2019
- Sun Cheong Construction Co Ltd v IO of King Fu, Ho Fu, Ki Fu & Ka Fu Buildings  HKCFI 2076 (with Mr Tim Kwok and Mr Andrew Lau): acted for the contractor to claim for the outstanding contract sum and defend against the IO’s counterclaim for alleged defects
- Sun Cheong Construction Co Ltd v IO of King Fu, Ho Fu, Ki Fu & Ka Fu Buildings  HKCFI 236;  HKCA 167 (with Mr Tim Kwok and Mr Andrew Lau): whether expert evidence admissible
- Lo King Yeung v Eddie Chu Hoi Dick, CACV 192/2017, 23 November 2017 (as sole advocate): successfully dismissed an appeal in the Court of Appeal
- Lo King Yueng v Eddie Chu Hoi Dick  HKCA 137 (with Mr Jeffrey Tam): successfully resisted application for leave to appeal to the Court of Final Appeal
- Ho Yin Fai v Wu Chi Kin, HCAL 28/2016, 4 October 2017 (with Mr Jeffrey Tam): successfully defended against an election petition of alleged treating and publishing election advertisement that includes false claim of support
- Wong Chi Fung v Registrar of Companies, HCAL 657/2018 (with Mr Jeffrey Tam): successfully obtained leave for judicial review on papers
- HCMP 916/2018 (with Mr Jeffrey Li): successfully obtained a quia timet injunction to restrain winding up petition
- LAA 1568/2018 (with Mr Matthew Tse): successfully appealed against refusal of legal aid
Administrative and Public LawArbitrationChanceryCommercial LawCompany and InsolvencyCompetition LawCriminal LawFamily LawIntellectual PropertyLand and Property LawMediationProbate and AdministrationRegulatory and DisciplinaryTax LawTort and Personal Injuries